Apologies to my American cousins

Yes I am English and I speak English English (International or British English to you), this has a few quirks for you that you may come across as you read my post, probably the first and most irritating is that our dates are the other way around so today is 31/12/10 not 12/31/10, I know you will find this confusing and annoying because I do when looking at US dates.

Also we put a lot of Us in things where you won’t expect them to be like colour, I’m sorry but it’s just our quaint way of doing things, also you use Z when we use S as in authorise. We pay a lot of money to use our version of English, and sometimes we even pay extra to use yours, just ask Microsoft and Adobe who seem to forget sometimes.

Lucky for you I am neither Glaswegian nor a Geordie or you just plain wouldn’t understand a word I was saying as they are completely mangled versions of the English language with its own words and phrases spoken in accent that is as thick as treacle.

Aussie English, Irish English, Indian English and African English speakers should be OK though.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripting DNS entries

Enterprise Vault - Failed Exchange Task

Windows Phone to iPhone - a painful transition