Developer, no you don't have to love them

Not much going on at the moment. The errant EQ is up and running OK, and no suppliers have managed to upset me, apart from the usual external developer.
They seem incapable of developing in any meaningful way, they develop on their own systems, they move the new bits to our QA systems, then they go live and everything stops working.
Do they do any load testing, no. Do they have any meaningful way of testing their LOB in any way for incompatibilities, no. Do they have any way of taking advantage of a 64 bit OS, no, they run .NET in 32 bit mode. Do they have the ability to exploit modern multi-core processors that they rely on in the physical servers they insist we use, no it is all single threaded applications all the way.

Do I laugh, no because it is my fault it doesn't work. It is my hardware, my OS, my storage and my network, nothing to do with the supremely efficient and well manged code, even after they update it, yes they log on to our servers and update our live systems, not some one at our company but the developers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripting DNS entries

Enterprise Vault - Failed Exchange Task

Windows Phone to iPhone - a painful transition